Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
    What if Penny is the surprise cut?
    The Birds ran a RB by comity except last season with Sanders. I don’t think you have Gainwell and Scott, add 2 injury prone guys and make someone the bell cow. IMO they are going to run them all out there with the process being shared carries
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I'm sticking with Sermon but I'm adding another one- COVEY. There are just too many good wide receivers on this team to have him hang around. They had Mcpherson back there fielding punts tonight along with a Ward. Ward is much better receiver and a great role player. I would even keep Cleveland over him.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Covey is primarily a returner, and ended the year a very good one. Had a hamstring issue last night otherwise I'm sure he would have played, so they had to find some other returners (not a bad thing to find out). I think he's basically a lock unless you come up with another returner. He may be WR6, but his spot is safer than WR5 in that case.

I have a hard time thinking they will keep 5 RB, so whoever is more likely to make it to the practice squad between Sermon and Scott, probably. Sermon is under contract for 2024 so that may make him more palatable to keep, but not a guarantee. They can elevate Scott for the Giants games. Scott doesn't have to pass through waivers, I don't think, making him easier to cut and get to the practice squad with some verbal promises of being brought up at some point maybe. With their history you almost expect one of Penny or Swift to go on IR at some point.

There are going to be some cuts on defense, for sure. Too many decent-looking players. One or both of the Johnsons, maybe. Not sure the DE depth is all that great, but we have like 8 DTs that look at least intriguing, and hard to imagine keeping more than 6 and even that may be tough. Guys who can slide out to DE would be more attractive to keep there. 6 CBs seem like near locks. Might have to decide between K'Von Wallace and Justin Evans.

LB still a concern. Maybe they go light figuring they can get someone as good off the street in case of injury. Bradley is done for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
          Covey is primarily a returner, and ended the year a very good one. Had a hamstring issue last night otherwise I'm sure he would have played, so they had to find some other returners (not a bad thing to find out). I think he's basically a lock unless you come up with another returner. He may be WR6, but his spot is safer than WR5 in that case.

I have a hard time thinking they will keep 5 RB, so whoever is more likely to make it to the practice squad between Sermon and Scott, probably. Sermon is under contract for 2024 so that may make him more palatable to keep, but not a guarantee. They can elevate Scott for the Giants games. Scott doesn't have to pass through waivers, I don't think, making him easier to cut and get to the practice squad with some verbal promises of being brought up at some point maybe. With their history you almost expect one of Penny or Swift to go on IR at some point.

There are going to be some cuts on defense, for sure. Too many decent-looking players. One or both of the Johnsons, maybe. Not sure the DE depth is all that great, but we have like 8 DTs that look at least intriguing, and hard to imagine keeping more than 6 and even that may be tough. Guys who can slide out to DE would be more attractive to keep there. 6 CBs seem like near locks. Might have to decide between K'Von Wallace and Justin Evans.

LB still a concern. Maybe they go light figuring they can get someone as good off the street in case of injury. Bradley is done for the year.
          I wouldn't be surprised if Barnett got cut with another offsides last night and no production. Hopefully Smith comes around and they could try Cox at DE too.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Nick likes Sermon. He was on our 53 last season though only active for I believe 2 games. Swift, Penny, Gainwell and Sermon.

Comment

I like Scott but Sermon runs harder. Since they don’t need Scott for kick returns his value drops. Won’t be surprised to see Sermon above Scott Scott
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Working...
              X