The Philaphans Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SwingOnThis
    Gman has a reputation to uphold on Philaphans, and he'd kind of painted himself into a corner. He made this whole thing about how he's tired of people that are too positive about the Eagles, so now, in order to maintain his street cred w/ his flyersphan buddies, he has to come across as negative in the majority of his posts. So every little insecurity that he has about the Eagles becomes a thread. It's a weird dynamic, he LOVES the Eagles, but he's so afraid of looking like a chump if they don't win the Super Bowl, so he spews all of the negatives he can think of in order to appear that the bad things don't affect him all that much. But deep down every loss tears him apart, as you can see during game threads and on the day after. He doesn't like being let down by his teams, so he lashes out at them w/ pre-emptive strikes in order to fool himself into thinking that his expectations aren't that high. It's all pretty predictable.

Anyway, that's my phsyco-analysis.

Good job--

.......but I agree with VFK and his " he is a loud mouth, hypocritical asshole" description on this one.

Comment

• This is one of my favs:

If Not McNabb, Then Use Abreu
      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
        This is one of my favs:

If Not McNabb, Then Use Abreu
        Typical....I thought he created a football board within flyerphans for he and all his buddies could talk "realistic like" about the Eagles-- and that way he wasn't going to post on the Eagles part of PP's again??????

((Rhetorical))))

Comment

• I've tried to avoid this thread but I'm gonna speak up. Why is it we moved to this forum? Which handful of posters were the reason we moved here? And didn't we move here to avoid dealing with these type of posters?

So why do we have 16 pages devoted to talking about these people? We talk about not feeding the trolls - let's stop dwelling on them as well!

Comment

• Pipe down, you!

Stevie, you should understand as well or better than most as to why this still matters to us. Why it is, and will continue to be a topic for some time.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• Its a very valid point Steve...you're right that we show our own insecurities in some ways by continuing to harp on these guys and those boards...for me this thread started as a place to vent a bit, but it has developed into almost a witness thread as we see those boards slide further....like a car accident, it is tough to look away...

I guess part of me expects Crow or someone to finally see the light and ban those guys and things may turn around, but that possibility is getting slimmer and slimmer IMO...I think in some ways I thought this might be a temporary home; now it is looking like a permanent one and is fine by me...

Thanks for speaking up...

-Andy Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH
                Pipe down, you!

Stevie, you should understand as well or better than most as to why this still matters to us. Why it is, and will continue to be a topic for some time.
                Well - I guess everyone deals in their own way. I prefer to move on and I think we're a better board when this thread doesn't hang around near the top. Just my $.02

Comment

• LOL!

VFK tells you "thanks for speaking up", and I tell you to "pipe down". See why we were such good co-moderators? Ying and Yang. LMFAO!!!!

I'll just say this to ya, bud. I NEVER wanted to dictate what people could, and couldn't talk about. I don't care if people are optimistic, or pessimistic. I just want everyone to feel like they can speak their minds without fear of personal attacks and insults. Everything else is pretty much fair game. And if members of this board want to discuss why Dallas Sux, or why Philaphans Sux, they are welcome to it. Savvy?
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• I hear you. I've said my peace and will move to other threads.

Comment

• Sorry I started this thread up again. I just thought the story was way over the top and wanted to share a laugh with you guys.

Comment

• I see no harm in having this thread. Just ignore it if you've moved on. I see it pop up from time to time so I like to see what people are mad about...lol...

I'll admit I check the Phillies board for the slim hope a trade will be announced anyday...
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

• Originally posted by MDFAN
                          Good job--

.......but I agree with VFK and his " he is a loud mouth, hypocritical asshole" description on this one.
                          Being a 'tough guy' is very important to him, it goes along w/ the street cred. It's a schoolyard mentality that for whatever reason he never outgrew. I'm sure he was a bully back when he was a kid, and the fact that he can't get results that way in an adult world probably bothers him, so he tries to use those tactics on message boards.

Comment

• You know that dude is a louse in real life. His wife and kids probably rule over him.

So he acts it out on message boards.

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                            Playoff Appearances:
                            NFC Title Games:
                            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH
                              LOL!

VFK tells you "thanks for speaking up", and I tell you to "pipe down". See why we were such good co-moderators? Ying and Yang. LMFAO!!!!

I'll just say this to ya, bud. I NEVER wanted to dictate what people could, and couldn't talk about. I don't care if people are optimistic, or pessimistic. I just want everyone to feel like they can speak their minds without fear of personal attacks and insults. Everything else is pretty much fair game. And if members of this board want to discuss why Dallas Sux, or why Philaphans Sux, they are welcome to it. Savvy?

Gotta cover all sides, but this is a change since I was usually the hammer not the glove...

I think it is time to move on, but certainly did not want to stifle debate by others...

nyc_eagle...no need to apologize for anything...

-Andy Reid

Comment

• I don't care to get into the deeper analysis of what is going on in GMAN's head, but most of the shtick he and others play against McNabb still boils back to classic Philly fan "Rocky Syndrome" -- i.e., if you don't wear your emotions on your sleeve and scream to the media every obnoxious thought that comes into your mind, you have no heart and thus cannot win. And it's why guys like Iverson, Roenick, TO, Schilling, Barkely, Buddy Ryan, et al always get a free pass even though they never won a goddamned thing for the city when the dust settled -- if your gold standard is the world championship trophy, which is always what McNabb and Reid will be held to.

It's the same thing with Abreu, though at least in the latter case there's some evidence backing up his lack of leadership or effort. But seeing it happen w/ McNabb just makes me sick, and GMAN's shallow thoughts on the subject are a perfect barometer for where a lot of Philly fans' attitude is towards any local sports figure at any given time.

Comment

Working...
                                X