The Philaphans Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showth ... adid=43462
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

• Originally posted by SwingOnThis
      Originally posted by MDFAN
      Good job--

.......but I agree with VFK and his " he is a loud mouth, hypocritical asshole" description on this one.
      Being a 'tough guy' is very important to him, it goes along w/ the street cred. It's a schoolyard mentality that for whatever reason he never outgrew. I'm sure he was a bully back when he was a kid, and the fact that he can't get results that way in an adult world probably bothers him, so he tries to use those tactics on message boards.
      SOT, not disagreeing with anything you have said,,, I just like VFK's "simpler" take better.

Yeah he is a tough guy-- how many people has he offered to "take out back" in the last year 6 or 7? LOL

The guy is an office manager, I think, must be surrounded by women all day long and comes here (message boards) where he can act all tough or maybe you're right and he gets nailed at home so he has to use the boards as his bully pulpit!

I really don't care, but I still like VFK's approach better!

And Steve, you are probably right, but what the hell, as someone else said this thread was inevitable under the circumstances! Just as there has been 6 or 7 threads about us over there.

My guess is that as long as people keep cross posting -- this thread will continue, no matter what anybody thinks, whether it's right or wrong is another story.

And I tend to agree with you,, let's just move on, but it is hard when many folks either still post in both places or even read both places.

Just my 2cents!

Comment

• And just to keep the circle of life going, I give you

http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=66318

I stand by my bet that that thread overtakes this one by next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2nd and Arch
          And just to keep the circle of life going, I give you

http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=66318

I stand by my bet that that thread overtakes this one by next week.
          I particularly like dagwood2001's post. Very inciteful stuff.
          Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.

Comment

• LOL...classic...

So, who gave gman access to these threads...fess up now...

At least most of the people there now ignore or mock him...lol...

None of us wanted our own board...we were all happy over there until things were allowed to go to crap...anywho water under the bridge IMO...
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

• Actually, anyone can read the posts on EFO. I don't think the rest of the world should be kept from our encyclopedia Eagles knowledge just because GMAN is a tool.

Comment

• Just kidding, Vin...

I could care less...if it makes him feel important for 2-3 hours good for him...we have 1 thread here...he has started probably 5-6 about us alone...
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

• I think I am officially done over there. I feel so bad about it. Those guys have ruined my favorite site. Lets try to ramp up the Phils/Sixers/Flyers talk here boys.
                  "Luck is the residue of design"
                  -Branch Rickey

Comment

• I think it's great that GMAN is fascinated by the GMAN talk we are doing here about GMAN. GMAN likes to read his name (GMAN), in fact GMAN is GMAN's favorite topic.

GMAN GMAN GMAN...
                    SHOCKEY SHOCKEY SHOCKEY
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• GMAN is a douchebag.

There, I said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by EFD
                        GMAN is a douchebag.

There, I said it.
                        You might want to be careful. He might want to challenge you to a fight.

LMAO
                        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

• Originally posted by Blitz
                          Originally posted by EFD
                          GMAN is a douchebag.

There, I said it.
                          You might want to be careful. He might want to challenge you to a fight.

LMAO
                          put 'em up, put em up

<=========GMAN
                          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

• I've still been going over there for the Phillies talk with the deadline coming up, but it has just gotten intolerable. The personal attacks are just totally out of hand over there. Anymore anyone that offers an opinion different from the "core" people are idiots. I too like IMK had hoped things would turn for the better, but it doesn't happen. Instead quality posters just kept vanishing. I agree with Striar that we need to ramp up the Phils/Flyers/Sixers talk over here. It's a damn shame as to the state of affairs over there, but Crow has allowed it to happen. In stead of taking Gman to the woodshed , and nipping it in the bud, he allowed it to fester. There are still some good posters over there, but luckily, more are over here now!

Comment

• Just to clear the air...........

PR was not "banned" from here.

Contrary to his post and the other drivel that was posted in that thread on PP's.

The reason he couldn't register with his name here -- is that he already had done so back in June of 04.

So of course the software would prevent him or anybody else from using that name again. As you all know politics and religion are topics that are not permitted here - so his political leanings had nothing to do with this.

I find it amusing though that they keep wondering why there are threads over there about this board --- yet they keep starting more of them. Guess it's sort of normal to make fun of something you want but can't have.

And for any that wonder, this board is my home. There will not be a time, that I can foresee, that I will go back to PP's. It's not even a hope that I have. This board will grow and the community will develop to the point(if it already hasn't) that there will be no need to go back. The people I want to talk Eagles fottball with are (for the most part) are already here or will be here soon enough.

Vin has gone out of his way to make a home for us, frankly he wants us here.

Think about that!

So for those that still think that this is something temporary, you know just till the dust settles over there, IMO, you're wrong and that bus has left town.

I respectfully suggest that if THAT is the only reason you are here, you are truly disrespecting Vin and what he has done here for us, IMO.

This is my home now-- and ALMOST all from the old board are welcome here, as long as they honor the same rules we all agreed to honor.

Just wanted to make sure that the fiction you may be reading on the "other" board is counter balanced with the truth.

Done with my and I'll climb down now!

Comment

• Glad I have no clue what you're talking about.

Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                                Playoff Appearances:
                                NFC Title Games:
                                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                                X